Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My daughter and Egypt

My family got a Wii yesterday, and my 10 year-old daughter was playing her "Hannah Montana" game on it this morning before school. I was on my computer when my daughter came charging in, quite pleased with herself.

DAUGHTER: I'm going to "kayrow"! (that's the way she pronounced it)
ME: You mean Cairo?
DAUGHTER: Yes. Where's that?
ME: Egypt.
DAUGHTER: Oh...that must be why they have that dog-looking thing on the screen.
ME: Dog-looking thing?
DAUGHTER: Yeah. (then she proceeds to make herself look like the front of the Sphinx)
ME: Oh, that's the Sphinx.
DAUGHTER: Is that what it's called?
ME: Yes, and it's not a dog, it's a lion. With a man's head. Specifically, the pharaoh's head.

She proceeded to run off and continue playing.

I am still scratching my head over that exchange.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute. (*GRIN*)

BILL

EdMcGon said...

Call it a parental hunch, but I doubt a Hannah Montana world tour would roll through Cairo, IL. :P

Anonymous said...

HANNAH...!

HANNAH...!

HANNAH...!

HANNAH...!

HANNAH...!

HANNAH...!

HANNAH...!

HANNAH...!

BILL

EdMcGon said...

Bill,
My 10 year old daughter shares your sentiments. ;)