I am throwing out five questions that will cover a range of topics. It's Friday, so I know you aren't really working. First person to get all five correct in the comments wins...bragging rights (hey, I've got two kids. You weren't expecting money, were you?).
Have at it:
1. In baseball, who was the first American League player to make $100,000 per year?
2. What was the headline on the Chicago Daily Tribune on Wednesday, November 3, 1948?
3. Who sang "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" for the 1966 cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas!?
4. Which former U.S. president was in a train accident (which killed his 11 year old son) just 47 days prior to his inauguration?
5. What do the drug heroin and a group of jellyfish have in common?
1. Joe Dimaggio
2. "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN"
3. Thurl Ravenscroft
4. Franklin Pierce
5. Both heroin and a group of jellyfish are referred to as "smack".