Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Land of Kings

One thing that everyone seems to forget is who rules this country. The President? No. The Congress? No. The Supreme Court? No.

It is the American voter. We The People rule this country. Too often I hear people saying things like "...political reality dictates..." or "voting for third parties is a wasted vote because they can't win". When enough people think like this, then the American people have given up their power. It is then that the politicians of the two major parties rule, and YOU, the American voter, have no control.

So don't even bother giving me the excuse "political reality dictates". I, the American voter, dictate political realities.

Don't waste your breath telling me about wasted votes. If the major parties want my vote, they will respect my wishes.

For those of you who still doubt my message, I refer you to the 9th and 10th Amendments to the Constitution:
9th Amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

10th Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.


I know We The People have had many of our rights and powers delegated to, as well as stolen by, the powers that be. We The People need to end this trend NOW.

Maybe some of you will continue to accept the political class as the ruling elite of this nation. Maybe some of you will be perfectly content being absentee rulers.

I will not. The political class governs by virtue of my proxy. If they refuse to recognize this, they will NOT receive my support.

In a land where every man is a king, I am only one. But I am a demanding king nonetheless.

No comments: